This is a travel lovers site, discussing the travel, beautifully placed in the world, hotel packages and best places to visit. Hopefully, this will help you to plan a journey.
Home » About
Plan Your Trip
- Japan’s standing-room-only steak housesAt Ikinari restaurants, in Tokyo and several other cities, low cost but high-quality cuts of beef – including prized wagyu – are eaten at communal standing stations Where in Japan can you chow down on a top-quality juicy steak without breaking the bank? At one of the 116 branches of Ikinari Steak, that’s where. The […]
- Round Paris with RodinAs Paris marks 100 years since the death of Auguste Rodin, ‘the Michelangelo of France’, we visit the city’s back streets where he started out, and grand the belle époque palaces where he ended upThe Thinker stares over the lawn at a fashion model who is pouting for paparazzi. Beyond the garden, clouds of red, […]
- Weimar memories: walking Berlin … in a flâneur's footstepsArmed with Franz Hessel’s cult guidebook, Walking in Berlin, published in 1929, Vanessa Thorpe is transported back to the city’s decadent periodTime travel is still a long way off as a short break option, but happily there are some good approximations. Last month, in a very chilly but sunny Berlin, I opened up a copy […]
- Artist Residence, Brighton: hotel reviewFor an ‘accidental hotelier’ the owner of this Regency townhouse hotel is doing a pretty impressive job, offering a sophisticated seaside stay in artist-designed rooms plus high-end diningSaturday evening in Brighton is hen party central. L-plated brides-to-be totter from the station, ready for a big, brash night out. But there’s no hint of the kiss-me-quick […]
- Tarka at 90: hot on the otter trail in DevonKari Herbert follows in the footsteps of Henry Williamson, 90 years after he published Tarka the Otter. No otters put in an appearance, but the pristine woods and riverbanks are reward enoughThe narrow river gorge smells of leaf-mould and damp earth. Dense, ancient woods line the steep valley sides. The river coils and tumbles beside […]